We all love mobile apps. The funny thing is, as recent surveys show, that as there are more apps, we tend to use less of them. This may be explained as the Paradox of Choice meets app discovery. Tingz.me aims to solve this, but that’s not what I wanted to talk about it here.
I guess that everyone of us has his set of go-to apps, the ones he opens several times a day. A typical set usually includes at least one social media, messaging, news, navigation and gaming apps. There is so much more than that available. I would like to share the apps that I use on a daily basis, hoping that it may intrigue readers to try them out. I tried to focus on the apps that you may have not heard about yet. I feel that recommending Twitter or Whatsapp is kind of useless…
My Morning Routine
- Planning my day with Sunrise Calendar — This is my favorite calendar app. It’s easy and simple. No fancy features, just the ones you need. Sometimes I wonder why do people keep on using pre-installed calendar apps, when they can get this one for free. Try it for a while, and you’ll completely understand why Microsoft paid $100m to acquire these guys.
- Taking notes with Evernote — I absolutely love this app. It has such a neat design. Right from the get go it’s so clear how everything works. Although taking notes sounds like the simplest task to perform, it’s impressive to see how these guys simplified it even more.
- Staying up-to-date with ESPN & 365Scores — these apps are the ones I open most frequently, aside from my email app. They’re usually the ones I reach out to whenever I have a spare minute. In the evening, however, I dig deeper making sure I haven’t missed anything.
- Catching up on tech news with Flipboard — that’s another awesome app that makes keeping up with the news so easy and fun. It creates a digital magazine out of all the content curated by the user. The user experience is superb, making you feel, literally, that you’re reading through a magazine. Needless to say that everything updates automatically, allowing you to access all your favorite content in one place.
- Wrapping up the day with Podcast Addict — I enjoy listening to podcasts. I usually get to do it only after 11PM, when I’m the only one left awake at home. Podcast Addict is my favorite, both because of its interface and the simplicity of discovering new podcasts. BTW, the ones I enjoy the most listening to are Making History (Hebrew), Freakonoics and 99% Invisible. If you have some spare time, do yourselves a favor and check them out.